We are currently working on our Green Certification. What does this mean?
In the most basic sense, green building is using techniques and technologies that have less impact on the environment. A building product is defined as green if it meets at least four of the following criteria and is neutral in the other:
- Energy efficient, water efficient, resource efficient or durability enhancing
- Made from reused, recycled, rapidly renewable, preferably local or other environmentally preferable materials
- Easily recycled at the end of its life
- Free of pollutants harmful to the air or water
- Effective in minimizing the environmental impact of the building
Going Green is just one of the ways that we are helping our customers and helping the environment at the same time, a win-win that we all can feel good about.